With a tradition gained through concerns about developing a culture of success based on performance, the Faculty of Economics has gained its academic prestige every year by providing a very good quality educational offer, constantly adjusted to the expectations of more and more demanding beneficiaries, increasingly concerned about the important transformations of the labor market in terms of occupational structure, but also about the quality of knowledge transfer and good practices in the educational process.
Openness to society and the business environment, stimulating the quality of the teaching process, performance orientation through the direct and active involvement of students, their involvement and employers in the process of evaluating and ensuring the quality of education, is for the Faculty of Economics the essence of a managerial policy developed over more than 27 years.
Any process of adaptation and transformation involves initially a complex visionary package, built and based on the pillars of demand, competitiveness, professional value and top management, passion and love for the profession and students, for teaching in general, as part of a program rigorous and coherent, contributing to concrete responses to the new challenges specific to the knowledge-based society.
Higher education is currently an absolutely necessary resource for Romania to redefine the fundamentals of competitiveness, competitiveness indispensable to the Romanian economy and society.
Starting from this premise, but also from the fundamental component of the activity of the "Athenaeum" University of Bucharest - quality of education for the labor market and public responsibility in relation to the assumed programs, the Faculty of Economics currently has the mission and role of training specialists. able to respond to the development needs of both national and multinational companies, as well as companies concerned with developing their activity at national and international level, offering bachelor's and master's programs specializing in accounting and management informatics and business administration.
Studies and research in the field, but also the economic and social life prove that the specializations offered by our faculty are more and more sought after, being equally considered future professions.
Through the high qualification of the teaching staff, we are ready to offer to all those who confidently cross our threshold programs based on originality and academic innovation, adapted to the complex structural changes in higher education in Romania, but also to the dynamics of the entrepreneurial environment. Like the entire team of Athenaeum University in Bucharest, we are for a "Romania educated and connected to the changes of the knowledge-based society".
LECT. UNIV. PhD RADU GHEORGHE
DEAN, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS ATHENAEUM UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics
It is an academic structure with a tradition in private economic higher education in Romania, it was established in 1990 under the name of Finance, Accounting and Management Informatics.
As a recognition of the quality and professionalism manifested in the training of students, the Faculty of Economic Sciences was accredited by Law no. 135/2005 entering with full rights in the national education system, this implies:
- organization of bachelor's and dissertation exams within the faculty;
- issuing bachelor's and master's degrees;
- organizing postgraduate courses.
Being in a continuous dynamics and adaptability to the requirements of the labor market, the Faculty of Economic Sciences has the following study programs:
ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
The mission of the program is to train specialists who have the knowledge and skills necessary for the organization and management of modern accounting, their use in the management of the organization.
- Identification and registration of economic operations in the accounting of the entity/ organization
- Use of IT resources in the financial-accounting field
- Processing of information for the preparation of financial-accounting and/ or fiscal reports
- Determining and interpreting economic and financial indicators
- Carrying out specific control operations
The mission of the program is to train specialists who have the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of management.
- Identification, analysis and management of the elements that define the internal and external environment of the organization through diagnosis and SWOT analysis
- Development and implementation of strategies and policies of the organization
- Development and implementation of the management system and its subsystems (allocation and reallocation of resources and activities)
- Identifying, selecting and using ways of forecasting, organizing, coordinating, training and controlling-evaluating
- Substantiation, adoption and implementation of decisions for organizations of low complexity (as a whole or on a component)
- Use of databases, information and knowledge in the application of management methods, techniques and procedures
The mission of the program is to train economists with well-defined skills in the field of information technology and information systems for the business environment, in line with existing educational and research standards at European and international level and in line with the existing national nomenclature of qualifications community.
- Use of concepts, theories, principles and methods to investigate economic phenomena and processes
- Efficient use of computing, operating system and Internet resources
- Proper use of office software to solve specific problems
- Development of components for software products, using advanced data structures, algorithms, techniques and programming languages
- Development of computer applications that use databases, multimedia resources and client-server / web services technologies
- Updating information systems / information systems and ERP applications
According to the Bologna process, the first cycle of undergraduate studies has a duration of 3 years, credit points 180.